Here at St Oswald’s, we recognise the importance of good Mental Health.
We are committed to looking after our Mental Health and Wellbeing. In school, 4 pupils are trained Anti Stigma Ambassadors. They promote looking after our brains- keeping ourselves fit and active and healthy.
In February 2020, our Breakfast Church focused on Mental Health and Wellbeing and ‘Being Brave!’
During these unprecedented times we are all trying to stay healthy- looking after our mental health is so important.
Ideas to try at home…
- Mindfullness colouring.
- A-Z of activities (Eg: A – Aerobics, B – Baking).
- Do a jigsaw.
- Paint a rainbow and put it on your window.
- Try to do some exercise every day, can you make your own mini circuit at home?
- Meditation and 5 minutes to relax listening to calming music.
- Find a new challenge, what else can you put your mind to? Maybe you could teach yourself a new skill?
- Do anything that makes you happy!!
The link below offers some great ideas;
Talking to your child about the Coronavirus can be tricky, The following websites offer some great ideas;
Place 2 Be
What we do in school…
- Mrs Elliot runs a ‘Mindfulness Colouring’ club.
- We offer a range of sports from hockey to athletics.
- Mrs Massey runs a doodle club.
- Our 3 lovely guinea pigs.
- Daily wake and shake.
- We promote a love of reading.