We pride ourselves on our strong local Community links as well as links further afield..
The school works closely with the local community in a number of ways;
- Each year we walk to the memorial gates, observe the minutes silence and lay wreaths.
- We host our annual Shrovetide Lunch and play our Shrovetide game working with the Shrovetide committee.
- Throughout the whole year we continue to develop the strong links with St Oswald’s Church- the children take part in the Christmas and Easter Experience, they sing at Luncheons for members of the community, services are held at Church at Harvest, Christmas and Easter.
- Harvest Gifts are donated to the local food bank.
- The choir sing at the Ashbourne Christmas Market.
- The children take part in the “Let’s Last Litter Campaign”
- We work with local and national charities to fund raise for different organisations. Each year the children choose the organisations which they would like to support and raise money for.
- This year we have learnt about the RNLI and forged links- Andy Williams who worked with the children wished to be quoted;
“I would like to thank the children of St Oswalds for listening to my presentations on the work of the RNLI and water safety. I was very impressed at the level of questions and the thought that had gone into preparing them. In my five years of volunteering for the RNLI, the children were the best behaved and engaging of any other school. I hope all the children went home to share the experience and took on board some of the important safety messages given. Remind them all to be SAFE near any water.(SAFE – Spot the Dangers, Take Advice, Go with a Friend or Family Member, Learn what to do in an Emergency).”